Surgical Extractions and Third Molar Impaction Surgery
Dr. Karl Koerner and Dr. Christopher Ogunsalu
through the auspices of The Dental Institute of the Caribbean.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
(10 minutes from the international airport)
Course presented at the Riu Hotel and patient treatment performed at The Dental Institute of the Caribbean
$3995.00 which does not include accommodations at the 4-star Riu hotel
32 hours of approved continuing education
- Some prerequisite study assignments are to be done by participants before arriving
- Lecture presentations by Dr. Koerner
- Hands-on procedures to be done on life-like dentoform models
- Hands-on procedures done on cadavers
- Clinical procedures to be done on patients
- Monitoring of patient treatment by Dr. Karl Koerner and Dr. Chris Ogunsalu (oral and maxillofacial surgeon)
- Small class size
- Participants take turns assisting each other
- Pre-op review of treatment in front of the class and post-op critique of surgical performance
In today’s economy with existing needs of our patients and in light of high aesthetic expectations for implants and bridges, it is essential that all dentists are able to preform oral surgery well. Unfortunately most dental schools do not always provide the required level of training.
In addition, knowing how to extract teeth efficiently, predictably, and with minimal bone removal is a prerequisite for state-of-the-art implant surgery.
This course helps bridge the gap between what dentist know and what they should know to do surgical extractions and third molar surgery with greater expertise and confidence.
For over 20 years, Dr. Koerner has been teaching these procedures to dentists in the U.S. and abroad.
Indications and contraindications for surgery
Patient age as it relates to surgical difficulty
Patient health and medications
Using the best instruments for maximum proficiency
Regional anatomy and oral surgery
Surgical techniques: surgical extractions, the maxillary sinus and extractions, third molar impactions surgery (various angulations, maxillary and mandibular), socket grafting, related procedures…
Avoiding and/or managing surgical complications
Space limited. Click here to register
You will receive an email with suggestions for hotel accommodations after registration."
|8||View Online Didactic Presentations, Complete Written Test|
Patient Treatment with Critique
|2||8||Patient Treatment with Critique|
|3||8||Patient treatment with Critique|
Times: 7:30 AM pickup from the RIU.
Lunch and snacks will be provided
32 hours of CE credit for the week